Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sirens and Haunting eyes...

As some of you might have noticed I have been absent for a little while because of a little trip I made to the Belgian woods. It has been a wonderful time but I am also happy with my return and can't wait to share all the artists I have spotted since.

It must have been two weeks ago when I came a cross the website of Nadia Turner, a very talented artist/illustrator from Australia. I remember when I saw her work I found it very 'catchy', as her style is so uniquely her own and it kinda stays with you once you have seen it.
I'm not sure why the images of her work leave such an impression. Of course her work is wonderfully made, but so are many other works .
The reason why the impression stays probably is the mysterious atmosphere surrounding the characters she depicts. All of them are women, who reminded me a lot of Indian gypsies filling their time with magic and music. The eyes of these woman have the most haunting expression which leave you a bit confused. And then there are also these sirene-like creatures constantly returning in most of her works.



I must say that it has been a long time ago that an artist left me so touched.....

No comments: