Friday, June 6, 2008

Looking for a lost book of giants

Dear readers,

I'm afraid the details I'll be able to give are so vague as to be of very little help, but I long to find again an illustrated storybook that my speech pathologist read to me when I was a child (this would have been the mid 80s, though the book may be older than that). The book included lavishly colored illustrations of giants, and I have vague memories of one giant either walking over a hill or walking over a house set in a hill. The illustrations were very colorful. I think I had better do some memory meditations. One of the giants at least looked like Paul Bunyan - a great lumberjack fellow with a black beard.

If any of this sounds familiar, please let me know. Forgive the paucity of detail offered. I remember loving the book as a child and would love to find it again. Ever since that book I have had a fascination with giants....

No comments: