Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Storm on the Sea of Galilee

Dear readers, it has been a whirlwind of a month! Issue 2, of course, is up; we are actively seeking interviews with some new artists & writers who are doing significant and startling work (and we'll get those up on the website soon), and...the weather is something to endure. Here in Colorado, a state that I love deeply during the winter, we had snow a weekend ago and today the land is dry as a parched stretch of saguaro and thicklebrush. I am showing a copy of Rembrandt's Storm on the Sea of Galilee in this post because I am thirsty for a good sea-storm. I am thirsty for a good sea. Having grown up on the brink of Puget Sound, with its orcas and its brisk ocean winds, I dread the summers here by the Rockies. So share with me my joy at the sight of that boat tossing helplessly on the waters. The land here is too solid for me. I have sea-fever.

No comments: